Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Incident

I was walking-in white sneakers-in the glorious hall of school. The walk was at a steady pace but I imagined myself in slow motion. I had spiked blond hair in the air, the shiny gel, made it look like a shrine. My blue eyes glittered like the eyes of anime characters do. The muscles of my arms were visible. Held by my left one, was a school binder. I continued walking but looked to my right. I saw a boy and girl; both, emo looking. The girl had long purple hair with crow black eyes and mascara to enhance their darkness. Her shirt, jacket and skirt were all black but in contrast, her skin was pale white. No doubt though, some of it was due to makeup. The emo boy that had his left hand wrapped around her, also had black mascara on. His hair though, was of the slick, long, and black type. His shirt was black and long sleeved but he had pushed the sleeves up to show his red wristband on his right hand that said “Screamo for the win”. Both looked at me intensively – so I turned my head away.

I turned my head forward again, and then turned left. There were three girls, gossiping. They talked in excited voices and laughed loudly as if they wanted everyone to hear. I heard them say things like “Oh my gosh!” and “…he threw a marble at my window!” The two words “totally” and “awesome” were also the most frequently used words that they uttered. As I continued to head to my locker, the last thing I heard from them was, “You stole my boyfriend!” Then, I heard a guy’s voice shout “Chick fight, chick fight, chick fight!”

I kept on walking only to come across another fight. There were two guys, a big buff guy and an athletic guy who was less big and less buff. The big buff guy was furious and used swear words more than he used normal words. In fact, he used them so much that his sentences were indecipherable.  The athletic guy showed a slight bit of fear but stood his ground, quietly. I guess it made sense though, that he was a little scared because the guy who was yelling at him was twice his weight, and that being in terms of muscles. I decided not to pay to much attention to this and continued walking.

I looked back to my right instead and saw four, geeky looking people hanging out together. I think they were playing with Yu-Gi-Oh cards. They seemed pretty into the game; pretty intense into the game. I heard one of the scrawny looking one say “…and I play, Magical Space Typhoon to defect your Monster Reborn!” His opponent, with glasses and a little chubby looking, rebuked, “No, you can’t! You can only do it when it’s your turn!” Then the other two guys broke in and an intellectual argument over a card game began. 
I continued, once more. This time, I ran into this girl. Immediately, time paused. I had seen no one like her before. She was created of only beauty. She had godly, smooth, blonde hair and her facial features were soft. I would have described more of her but then the incident happened…I fell down the stairs.

                                                                                                                                              -Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment