Monday 23 January 2012

Footprints In The Snow

I see footprints in the snow,
And wonder what it was that made them,
My imagination wanders,
To the world of the fantastical.
The first that may have passed here,
It looks to be a rabbit,
But maybe with a tiger’s tail,
And the poisoned fangs of a serpent.
 
The second are of a fox,
But they suddenly disappear,
It must have had wings.
What else could it be?

The feet of a lumbering bear,
Just a bear, right? Wrong,
A mixed up chimera,
Bear, goat, jaguar.

Next looks like a deer,
A dainty little thing,
Or a passing unicorn,
With a proud mane like a lion.





Last it is a wolf,
Not a thing to change,
A wolf that looks how it is,
But dances among the stars at night.
 
So as I look into the snow,
And I see these footprints,
I soon become a child again,
With imagination to spare.
-Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment